British values are embedded into our wider curriculum at Lees Hill CE Primary School. These are identified as democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith. We actively promote British Values, often through our core Christian Values. We develop skills which enable us to be lifelong learners and embed our learning.
This academic year, our children have taken part in the following activities and experiences, which we believe encapsulate these values:
- Visiting The Theatre Royal, Newcastle to see a fabulous performance of 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears'.
- £169.45 raised for Comic relief
- Working together to produce a public performance of 'Christmas around the World'.
- Participation in sports events at our local secondary school, William Howard
- ‘A Soup Share’ harvest festival celebration in school attended by many members of our local community
- MacMillan coffee morning raised £175
- Participation in William Howard Football Tournament.
- RE Week learning and celebrations to deepen our understanding of prayer
- Weekly celebration assemblies
- Visitors to assemblies, including local church representatives
- Hosting a number of community lunches - welcoming members of the local community to our school
- Creation of a new school council
- School shop and bank system, gardening with community volunteers.