At Lees Hill CE Primary School we use our sports funding to:
- Provide whole school swimming lessons
- Travel to and from sporting events and sports activities with other local schools
- Prepare for and participate in a local, high profile dance festival
- Purchase wheeled equipment and necessary safety helmets for younger children
- Purchase equipment for development of core skills from an early age
- Purchase gymnastics equipment to support the introduction of a newgymnastics club
- Develop confidence, knowledge and skills and staff teaching PE and sport through competition and festival participation and preparation
The PE and Sport Premium has given a broader experience of a range of sports for all children. It has provided engagement for all children and increased participation and practice of a variety of sporting skills. These include; swimming, running, dance, cricket, gymnastics and cycling. 100% of year 6 pupils in the 2016-2017 cohort met the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
It has helped to raise the profile of sport in our school, including winning a local football competition and placed highly in many other events. The development of skills of staff has also contributed to our raised profile.
It has improved access to sporting events and collaboration with larger numbers of children. This has also resulted in greater participation for all children.
The improvements made to PE and sport provision through the funding, means that the broader range of sports can be continued to be offered, therefore, increasing participation, collaboration and skills of all children at Lees Hill CE Primary School.